Training spiritual directors
I have been a trainer and tutor on the “Ignatian Spirituality Course” since 1995. I have led both the 2nd and 3nd Years of the Course at different times. I am currently taking a sabbatical from the Course and only doing occasional days and staff meetings.
I also offer individual days or weekends of training, supervision, and consultations with spiritual directors and those in training.
I lead groups offering:
- an exploration of personal spirituality
- the building communities of trust, respect and love through the facilitated sharing of life stories
- experiences of meditation, prayer and other ‘spiritual practices’
- training in the spiritual direction
- supervision or ‘reflective practice’ for spiritual directors, healthcare professionals, church workers, and those whose work includes listening to others
- training in ‘spiritual awareness‘ and for Healthcare Professionals
My style of working is to explore and work with the experience of the people present. I do have information to impart, but in the area of spirituality I also believe that we already know much of what we need; we simply need to trust ourselves. My aim to is provide a calm, safe space where trust can grow and learning can happen.
I particularly enjoy facilitating a conversation, within a context of prayer, through which trust, respect and openness can grow. Then, each person’s authenticity can find expression and be witnessed. What really matters to people is more likely to be identified and options for change can be explored.
Training, Facilitation and Workshops
Through the experience of my own searching, there are things which have come to matter tremendously to me in my own spiritual practice and in my work. I seek to offer to others what is of importance to me.
I can lead workshops in areas such as:
- Prayer and Meditation: integrating prayer and meditation into everyday life
- Embodied Spirituality: a spirituality rooted in the body & the world
- Body and Presence
- Illness and Spirituality: living our mortality